As we age, we develop wrinkles due to facial muscle action and weakened dermal collagen. By injecting botulinum toxin type A (Botox), Dysport or Xeomin, we induce a reversible muscle relaxation that softens facial wrinkles.
- Facial wrinkles, i.e. frown lines, worry lines and crows feet
- Bunny lines, gummy smile and smooth the cobblestone chin
- Tension headaches and migraines
- Bruxism (grinding or clenching), which can cause jaw pain and wearing out of the teeth
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
Dermal filler is a substance used to correct minor facial asymmetry and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and scars. The fillers we use are mostly hyaluronic acid gel, but there are different types of dermal fillers that vary in mode of action and longevity. We will usually assess and advise in regards to which filler is more suitable for the area requiring treatment.
- Lip enhancement
- Softening the upper lip lines
- Cheek enhancement and contouring
- Jaw line enhancement and contouring
- Reduction of the appearance of nasolabial folds (deep fold that runs from the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth)
- Nose bridge correction
- Reducing the appearance of tear troughs below the eyes
Skin boosters contain hyaluronic acid to provide deep skin hydration, improve skin quality and achieve a natural, fresh look.
- Face and neck fine lines
- Acne scarring
- Aged hands
- Aged skin of the décolletage area
Semi-permanent tissue active cologne treatment/stimulation
Due to age-related alterations in facial skin strength and elasticity as well as fat, bone and cartilage loss, your appearance and the shape of your face will change over time. A tread lift allows you to restore the triangle of youth without having to resort to surgery. This is possible by repositioning, providing volume and stimulating lost collagen production thanks to the innovative technology of the Silhouette Soft treatment.
Silhouette Soft offers significant advantages, including:
- Minimally invasive with minimal downtime and recovery that leaves no scars and can be successfully used for all areas of the face and neck, resulting in a fresher and younger look
- Can correct midface, jaw line, eyebrow and neck sagging in 30 minutes at your physicians practice
- Allows for facial rejuvenation within a few days by repositioning the volume and reshaping the face and neck
Silhouette Soft represents the state-of-the-art suture suspension and extraordinary technology innovation that has opened up a new era in aesthetic medicine.
Gynaecological laser/Juliet feminine laser
The Juliet feminine laser is a gentle, non-invasive Erbium laser treatment that helps reverse the effects associated with vaginal laxity to treat mild and moderate stress urinary incontinence with the use of non-ablative photothermal stimulation of collagen neogenesis to shrink and tighten of vaginal mucosa tissue and collagen-rich endopelvic fascia, subsequently creating greater support for the bladder. It is a fast and painless discreet procedure that is performed by our trained medical practitioner.
Juliet is used in the treatment for women agred 35 to 70 years with varying degrees of the following conditions:
- Mild and moderate stress urinary incontinence
- Vaginal laxity syndrome
- Vaginal atrophy
Radio frequency/pelleve radio frequency
This is non-surgical skin rejuvenation procedure that utilises radio-frequency energy to create a heated zone to induce collagen, resulting in wrinkle reduction and skin tightening in the following areas:
- Around the eyes
- Around the mouth
- Jaw line
- Neck and décolletage
Platelet plasma injection
This procedure is used to promote healing and has been used in other medical fields such as sports medicine. In cosmetic medicine, PRP has been able to make use of your own natural healing cells to stimulate skin rejuvenation. We collect a small amount of your blood to prepare the PRP sample, which is then injected into your skin's problem areas using a very fine needle.
This is done under topical anesthetic cream and completely sterile conditions to treat the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Face rejuvenation
- Crepey neck
- Décolletage area
- Eye area
- Dull skin
- Backs of hands
- Textural improvements
A chemical peel is a procedure where the clinician applies a chemical solution to the skin to produce a limited inflammation that encourages the superficial layer or layers of the skin to peel, leaving a smooth, fresh surface. In practice, we use Gylcolic acid, Salicylic acid and lactic acid in a variety of concentrations depending on your skin type to achieve the following:
- Treat acne
- Reduce some wrinkles and fine lines
- Reduce the appearance of scars
- Treat hyperpigmentation and improve skin tone and appearance
Acne lesions often occur on the face, chest, back and shoulders where oil glands are present. This condition should be treated if there is severe mental or physical impact on the person as acne sufferers often struggle with low self-esteem and are subject to bullying, leading to a lack of participation in social activities. People will usually try anything to reduce the appearance of acne, often picking at it or covering the sores with heavy products, which escalates the problem and increases the risk of infection and scarring. The most important reason for treating acne is to avoid scarring, which is difficult and expensive to treat.
Our acne treatment includes:
- Assessment of acne severity
- Advice regarding suitable skin care that will help and at least not worsen the condition
- Prescribe topical treatments including retinoids and suitable oral treatment, such as a short course of antibiotics or the pill for women
- Implement office-based skin treatments, such as chemical peels, laser and some collagen inducing techniques to minimise or treat scarring
- Refer to specialist if necessary
- Minimise severity and frequency of acne flare ups
- Reduce and treat post acne scarring
Bruxism is a condition wherein you unconsciously grind, gnash or clench your teeth during the day or while you asleep.
How is bruxism treated?
In many cases, treatment isn't necessary. Children often outgrow bruxism and many adults don't grind or clench their teeth badly enough to require therapy. However, if the problem is severe, Botulinum toxin injections help some people with severe cases who don't respond to other treatments.
Involuntary teeth grinding can result in the following complications:
- Teeth sensitivity
- Teeth damage
- Jaw pain
- Ear pain
In some extreme cases, chronic teeth grinding can result in fractured, loose or lost teeth.
Excessive sweating is a serious medical condition called hyperhidrosis that affects approximately 3% of the world's population. People who suffer from this condition have an overactive body cooling mechanism that makes them sweat four to five times more than the average person, which can be embarrassing, uncomfortable, anxiety-inducing and disabling. It often disrupts all aspects of a person's life, from career choices and recreational activities to relationships, emotional wellbeing and self-confidence.
How do we treat excessive sweating?
- Clinical assessment to exclude underlying medical conditions
- Prescribe medical-grade antiperspirant
- Anti-sweating injections using Botulinum Toxin as an effective and an appropriate treatment if over-the-counter products fail
Rosacea is common chronic inflammatory process influenced by sebum genetics, hormonal changes and lifestyle factors.
How do we treat Rosacea?
- Prescribe appropriate skin care routine to remove excess sebum, enhance natural exfoliation and replenish important elements of the skin to reduce inflammation
- Prescribe topical treatment, such as antimicrobial for temporary redness reduction
- Oral medication, which is usually a low-dose antibiotic
- Use of laser and radio-frequency devices to improve skin integrity and treat visible small facial capillaries
The following are common Rosacea symptoms:
- Flushing or redness on the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead
- Small visible blood vessels and visible bumps or pimples
- Textural changes, such as enlarged pores and sebaceous gland hyperplasia
- Skin thickening and irregular surface
- Rhinophyma, which affects the nose
Omnilux light therapy